How embarassing for Britain and humiliating for the families of these pitiful excuses for soldiers!
While the main-stream media are absurdly fawning over the released hostages and praising Iran for the peaceful resolution to this crisis, I have a few indelicate questions that nobody but people like me in the pajamas media seem willing to ask:
1. Why didn't the British sailors/marines defend themselves? (Can you imagine U.S. marines letting themselves get kidnapped without a fight?)
2. Why in heaven's name didn't the British destroyer blow the Iranians out of the water when they threatened the sailors?
3. In what British military sensitivity training manual does it allow soldiers to apologize on world-wide TV to kidnappers for crimes that weren't committed?
4. Do you think that the Iranians are more or less scared of coallition forces after seeing how the cowering British dealt with the kidnapping?
5. Am I the only one who's embarassed by Tony Blair's weak attempt at bravado once the hostages were safely home? Yet while they were being held, all he did was lick Ahmadinajad's boot like a sissy and bleat about "peaceful resolutions" and "Iran being an honorable and proud nation".
This whole situation was handled wrongly by every party except Iran...they handled it perfectly to suit themselves. Now they're emboldened to act further to test the resolve of the West.
Winston Churchill is spinning in his grave this morning.
UPDATE: Royal Navy personnel seized by Iran were blindfolded, bound and held in isolation during their captivity.
This is the headline today as these "soldiers" tell their tale of the unspeakable horrors of captivity. Blindfolded, bound, and isolated....OH THE HUMANITY!!!
Gimme a break!