He just doesn't get it...
(CBN News) - Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean told CBN News that his party has a lot in common with the evangelical community. With the 2006 midterm elections creeping closer, CBN News sat down with Dean to discuss the Democrat’s new outreach to conservative Christians.
Dean said that "one of the misconceptions about the Democratic Party is that we're godless and that we don't have any values."
"The truth is, we have an enormous amount in common with the Christian community, and particularly with the evangelical Christian community,” Dean said. “And one of the biggest things that Democrats worry about is the materialism of our country, what's on television that our kids are seeing, and the lack of spirituality. And that's something we have in common."
Let's examine some other Dem "values" that evangelicals might find appealing this election season...Democrats are on record as being in favor of...
1. non-traditional unions -- gay marriage
2. human cloning
3. no-questions-asked, partial-birth-abortion on demand for all ages
4. abolition of God from all aspects of modern life
5. human embryo harvesting for stem-cell research
6. Constitutional protection for sexual predators of children -- NAMBLA
7. the embracing of virtually every wacky "religion" on Earth except Christianity
The list goes on. One wonders how many "values voters" Howard Dean will woo over to the Dem side on Tuesday. My guess...not many. You see Howard, values aren't simply an election issue, either you share values with somebody or you don't. It's not a position you can take temporarily, in order to win votes.
So, if you share the "values" above with Dean, then by all means vote Democrat this Tuesday.