Sunday, August 18, 2013
Banning is the reflex answer for bad parenting
Apparently another kid got into the dish-washing detergent tabs thinking they were candy and killed himself by eating it. Predictably, parent groups are again calling for a ban on these extremely convenient products so dumb kids won't try to eat them.
I'm sorry, but how dumb of a parent are you if you have an orally-fixated child yet you fail to secure the cabinet doors under your sink where all the poison is?
Far too many parents think they live a no-fault existence. If anything bad happens to their brat, it's somebody else's fault and the whole dish-washing world must be inconvenienced because they didn't prevent their dumb kid from eating detergent.