Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Dude keeps poisonous snakes as pets.....what could go wrong?
From DailyRecord -- FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man remained hospitalized Tuesday after he was bitten by his pet snake.
Fair Lawn police said 25-year-old Eric Bortz bought the albino Monocled Cobra, an eastern diamondback rattlesnake and a copperhead snake in Pennsylvania on Monday and thought their venom sacks had been removed.
Sgt. Rich Schultz said the cobra bit Bortz on Monday night after he reached into its container to feed it or otherwise handle it.
After Bortz began to experience severe respiratory problems, he was taken to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Paterson and then to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, N.Y., which has a snakebite treatment center.
Heh heh...what an idiot! I don't get these people who keep exotic, wild animals around the house. They don't function as pets. You can't play with them. They'll attack you given the slightest opportunity because they see you as either a threat or as food. What's the purpose other than to provide jokers like me with a good laugh at your expense?